.

Need to find something? Google it!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Is it really Christmas Eve?

Jayden's 3rd Christmas
So I have to keep reminding myself that yes, it actually is Christmas eve. See, when I think of Christmas eve, and draw on my past experiences, I think family. I remember Aunt Sissy's Oaster Stew, mountains of cookies, and laughter. I remember me and my mother making our untraditional Chicken Parmesan Christmas eve dinners.  And usually by this time at night on Christmas eve's past, I'd be pretty drunk. This of course would be followed by desperately attempting to survive visiting Fiance's family on Christmas day.

But this year, I've done none of that. Jay is off with his grandmother visiting her boyfriend's family. Although I would have preferred spend the holiday with him, there's no reason he shouldn't experience the usual traditions of the day. I took a bubble bath. Cleaned here and there, played computer games, and am watching ABC family with all the kiddie Christmas oldies.  Mother and I had roast beef sandwiches, I know..so luxurious.

Fiance called from rehab. Mostly just to tell me what stuff to bring for him tomorrow. The only thing that makes me happy is that when he says "I love you" I can actually hear the meaning in it again.

So.. Ho Ho Ho..MERRY CHRISTMAS. Hope everyone has a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment