.

Need to find something? Google it!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Out with the old - Part 2

I started a mini-project for today and tomorrow. I was thinking about how many emotions we gather in one year. How many arguments, disagreements, and bad experiences accumulate and can clutter our minds in just 365 days. I noticed, when typing my previous blog post, that the "bad" experiences of 2010 far outweighed the good. As I looked around the room, I realized how much other stuff has accumulated, not only in 2010, but some of it from years before. So it was time for a clean out. Obviously I won't do much damage in two days, but I am trying to see how much materialistic items I have cluttering my space.

So far, I have one garbage bag filled with random things. Socks with holes, or that have permanently lost their partners, old make-up and nail polishes I bought and never liked the color, etc. Tomorrow, I'll work on the chest downstairs that has basically been the "catch all" for things that don't have a place and go through clothes.

2011 will be a year of accomplishment, I surely hope. Letting go of excess clutter, both emotionally and physically is good. Clutter slows us down. We need to be free to fly.

Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment